Sunday, December 6, 2015

M-Audio | Avid Vocal Studio (USB Condenser Mic) - Honest Review

Equipment: Avid Vocal Studio (USB Condenser Mic)
Brand: M-Audio

I bought this condenser mic last year in 2014. The manufactured had given me insurance that the product justifies it's price with quality. At first I did some pretty decent recordings but those recordings were not done on the software that comes with it. I used one of the most famous and free recording softwares called 'Audacity' Here is a sample unedited recording.



I was pretty much satisfied with the quality as it was my first condenser mic. The problem started when I connected it with the software that comes with the mic as free version but a limited version with a very few features though the direct monitoring system on this mic was amazing and truly direct without any lag but unfortunately it only worked 'amazingly' with the software that comes with it.

Why you shouldn't buy M-Audio Vocal Studio?

I think I'm the one who can answer this the best lol. 

AUDIO OUTPUT DOES NOT PLAY IN SPEAKERS.
  • You cannot get the output of your music/recording in your speakers unless you buy a mixer or Audio interface if you're like me recording on a budget. You can only hear the Audio inside the headphones. PS: This happens only if you use the equipment with the limited edition Avid Pro Tools se that comes with the mic. 
  • Secondly If you are a Instrument player and love to record Guitar. In that case you shouldn't buy this mic because I think as the name suggests "Avid Vocal Studio" its made best for recording vocals. 
PROBLEM OF HISS WHILE RECORDING (USB MIC)
  • You'll experience a huge problem of Hiss because it's a USB Condenser mic. I've heard that pretty much all the USB mics have this issue that the Audio is not clear as it should be for the Condenser Mics. 
After few months of use It starts glitching the software will randomly start not responding even if you reinstall the drivers and software. 

 IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN ALL THE RECORDINGS THAT I'VE DONE THROUGH THIS EQUIPMENT GO TO MY SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/zeeshan-iqbal-1




Conclusion:

If you are a beginner and beginning  your own Audio producing I would recommend instead of spending 77$ on this equipment which is Almost 8000 PKR raise up your budget to buy a Audio Interface and then a condenser mic that is XLR not USB powered. 



No comments:

: Enhanced by

Post a Comment